What to do if you get Ammonia!
Why do you get Ammonia?
Ammonia is a result of inadequate levels of good, healthy bacteria in the filter that are able to break down the fish waste.
If you have ammonia you have done one of these:
• You feed too much
• You have cleaned your filter media in tap water
• You have replaced filter media
• You have added too many fish at once
• You have too many fish
• You have disturbed your gravel that has dead spots formed in it over time
• Ammonia can be created if there is not enough oxygen in the system
Ways to fix it:
• Add bacteria products such as Bactamax – to increase bacteria level
• 25% water change using gravel cleaner daily till good – to dilute it
• Clean filter using water from the tank not water from the tap
• Increase salt to at least 1g per litre – to increase fish immune system
• 5 time dose Prime daily till good – to detox it
• Stop feeding till water quality improves
• Replace Poly-filter
• Dose Easylife
• Increase oxygen
Good luck & enjoy,